Get 15% off your first order Use code first15
Free «Personal Leadership Development Plan» Essay Sample
The results indicated that extraversion is my preferred source of energy and focus. Furthermore, when it comes to the dimension of perception I prefer using sensing. In thinking, I prefer to make decisions based on logical thinking. However, when it comes to the method of interaction as a leader, the PTI result indicates that I prefer using the judging approach.
a) I would take the assessments on career development, conflict management, Risk Assessment Matrix (RAM), personality assessment, intellectual assessment, Matrix Manager Inventory Assessment (MMIA), outcome assessment and Vulnerability assessment.
b) On the other hand, I will be taking an online exam on the following assessments; personality assessment, intellectual assessment, Matrix Manager Inventory Assessment (MMIA), career development assessment and vulnerability assessment.
1) Based on my PTI results, I have learnt a number of things as a leader. Firstly, I do acquire energy and focus from the outer world (extraversion). Therefore, as a leader, I like interacting and connecting with different people who give me the energy needed to perform my duties. Secondly, when it comes to the dimension of perception, I prefer using sensing. In this case, I usually find comfort in using tried, as well as true, approaches of completing different tasks as I view them as being sufficient, alternative sources of actions. Thirdly, when making leadership decisions and judgements, I prefer using thinking. In thinking, I prefer to make decisions based on logical thinking, I will always seek for clarity before arriving at a judgement or decision. On the other hand, when it comes to the method of interaction as a leader, the PTI result indicates that I prefer using the judging approach. In this case, I live my life through decisions and judgments, whereby I like planning for my daily experiences and activities. Therefore, as a leader the results indicate that I can be a good team player and good decision maker when it comes to challenges facing an organization.
2) The first assessment I chose was Risk Assessment Matrix (RAM) with the aim of understanding the various risks associated with the products produced by my organization in order to develop a risk control strategy that would help reduce the products risks. I also carried out outcomes assessment with the aim of understanding the performance of different units within the organization for purposes of developing performance improvement strategies in the future. Thirdly, I carried out Matrix Manager Inventory Assessment (MMIA) in order to understand different ways of appraising the performance of employees in the workplace. Vulnerability assessment was also carried out for the purpose of understanding the organization’s compliance with various regulations pertaining to environmental protection, employee rights and others.The final assessment was Random Impact Assessment Matrix, which helped me understand the value of various assessments conducted in relation to various organizations and staff aspects.
3) Random Impact Assessment Matrix- This system is based on the knowledge that certain specific criteria are common to all impact assessments, and by scaling these criteria, it becomes possible to record the values of the assessments carried out. The validity and reliability of the assessment are determined by the accuracy of the values from other assessments.
Vulnerability assessment – vulnerability assessments focuses on ensuring all the facilities comply with NISPOM guidelines. The strength of the results obtained determines the reliability and validity of the assessment.
Matrix Manager Inventory Assessment – this assessment provides the project/firm managers with the best criteria to conduct performance appraisals to the employees after keenly determining their capability. The validity and reliability of the test are determined by the strength of the inferences drawn from the test.
RAM – this assessment usually defines various levels or the extent to which a product can cause harm during usage and otherwise the organization can design better measures to minimize or eliminate the risk or severity of harm. The assessment reliability is measured through how it helps an organization minimize risks arising from products.
Outcome Assessment – this ensures that the outcome is of great quality. The performance is determined by interpreting and analyzing evidence. It helps in creation of an academic culture that is dedicated to improvement of quality of education.
The reliability and validity of the results obtained is determined by the achieved improvement of organization processes, services and products.
RAM assessment revealed that the organization processes and product packaging can cause damages to the products. This means that as a leader I need to strategize on new ways of packaging products to avoid damages. MMIA revealed that the performance of the entire organization was not up to the expectations. This means that as a leader I need to carry out an investigation on what the factors leading to poor performance within the organization are and develop strategies that will be used to boost performance in the firm. Vulnerability assessment revealed that the organization has not yet fulfilled the contract law's requirements. Therefore, as a leader I have to look for ways in which the organization can meet these contract legal requirements. RIAM indicates that some assessment approaches employed by the firm are not giving accurate values on the real picture of things in the firm. As a leader, I have the mandate to reorganize the assessment techniques for purposes of ensuring that the right strategies are employed in the right place in the future. Outcome assessment indicates that the organization performance is not up to the expectation, particularly in the production unit. As a leader, the results will enable me to identify the cause of poor performance in the unit and come up with ways to boost the unit performance.
Related Management essays
- IT Security Policy Framework
- Assessing Your Leadership Style
- Strategic Management
- Misconduct and Integrity Testing Law Enforcement Officers
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Predicting Long-Term Violent Behavior
- Burger Boy
- Organizational Behavior
- Behavior Management Approach
- Non-Profit Management